What is the King’s Centre Food Bank?
As of the 7th December 2021 the King’s Centre Food Bank will be reverting to a drop-in service. The food bank will be open to clients on Tuesday’s and Friday’s between 12.30pm – 3pm. Food collection is by appointment only.
Those experiencing food crisis will need to:
- Obtain a food voucher from one of the following agencies – Honiton Children’s Centre, MIND, St Paul’s Church, Honiton Town Council Offices, East Devon District Council, Job Centre and the East Devon Citizens Advice Bureau.
- Call 07907 232076 to book a 15 minute collection slot.
To keep our volunteers safe we are asking clients to:
- To limit the number of people attending the food bank (max of 2 people where possible)
- Wear a face mask in the King’s Centre
- Social distance
- Use hand sanitiser when entering the food bank
- Exit the building promptly after receiving food parcel
The Food Bank is a local store of non-perishable food operated by volunteers from churches and the wider community in and around Honiton. It is made available to those who are in ‘food crisis’. That is, they have no food and no money with which to buy food. Need is assessed by professionals from local agencies and local church leaders.
We do not supply food on direct request to the food bank.
How is the Food Bank funded?
Entirely by local churches and other charitable donations. We rely upon the support of local people to keep the food bank running. Without your support, we have no money, no food, and no food bank! If you would like to contribute then you can put food contributions into the collection bins or contact the office on the number above if you would like to arrange a time to do a food drop-off at the Kings Centre. Financial contributions should be taken or sent to The King’s Centre.
To make a monetary contribution to the Foodbank, please read the explanation below:
* Once on the giving page click the ‘Donate’ button at the end of the page.
* Next, click where it says ‘My donations are for’ for the drop-down menu.
* Select ‘Food Bank Giving’ then choose how much or how often you want to give and by which means.
To make a monetary contribution to the Food Bank, please click on this link 👉🏼 Food Bank Giving
How does the Food Bank work?
- The food bank deals only in the non-perishable food items listed below.
- Several locations in the town host collection points.
- Contributions are sorted and stored until required.
- Church leaders and agencies in the town are provided with vouchers that entitle the bearer to food sufficient for their household for 3 days. They give these to people who they consider are in crisis with regard to food.
- Those holding supplies of vouchers are also provided with an emergency contact number for use in urgent cases.
Which foods are collected?
- Tinned Meat/Meat meal
- Tinned Fish
- Tinned Carrots, Peas or Sweet Corn
- Tinned or Dried Potatoes
- Tinned Tomatoes
- Tinned Spaghetti
- Baked Beans
- Fruit Juice or Fruit Squash
- UHT Milk
- Tea Bags, Coffee
- Rice or Savoury Rice
- Pasta or Pasta Sauce
- Cereal Bars
- Rice Pudding
- Sponge Pudding
- Tinned Fruit
- Tinned Custard
Where are the collection points located?
Food Bank collection points are located at The King’s Centre, St Paul’s Church, the Church of the Holy Family, HSBC and NatWest banks and Tesco Supermarket. Several other organisations also collect food at their own initiative.
Where can I get food vouchers from?
Information for referrers
As of the week beginning the 6th December 2021 we will be reverting back to a drop in service. In order to keep everyone safe and reduce the risk of spreading covid-19, clients will be asked to attend the Food Bank at an allocated time. These times will be at 15-minute intervals starting at 12.30pm and ending at 3pm.
Please can you issue clients experiencing food crisis with a paper copy of the food voucher, they will need this to receive a food parcel. If you do not have a copy of this voucher please email us at email@example.com
The client will need to phone the food bank on 07907 232076 to book a time slot to collect their food parcel. If there is no answer the client should leave a message and we will get back to them asap.